Under the leadership of CEO Anne de Kerckhove, Freespee employs over 65 people across offices in London (HQ), Uppsala and Paris, serving clients in over 50 countries.
The company was founded in 2009 by software engineers Carl Holmquist and Tobias Lindgren in Uppsala, Sweden where its development teams still are based.
Come and work with us
We are looking for a CloudOps Engineer to join our Tech Operations team in Uppsala.
We eat, drink and breathe AWS at Freespee and we love to work together to find the most efficient way of presenting our application to the world, may it be Lambdas or containers, RDS or DynamoDB, or just plain old EC2 instances. We have a thriving microservice stack and of course we develop the entire stack with infrastructure as code.
Together with the team you will be:
- Configuring, deploying, and managing Freespee’s infrastructure in AWS
- Automating deployment workflows
- Creating and managing Docker images in accordance to user needs.
- Troubleshooting our services and SIP/VoIP on escalation from support
- Improving the stability and monitoring and of our platform
- Ensuring consistent application versions across the environments
- Assisting in testing and planning for upgrades of the software stack
The successful candidate should have
- Experience maintaining SaaS infrastructure in a production environment
- Experience with Linux command line management, and use of Linux based tools and utilities
- Working knowledge of Docker and other microservice platforms
- Experience liaising or raising tickets with cloud service providers
- Experience in automation and infrastructure as code
- Experience in working in a DevOps culture
- Experience working with Datadog or other advanced monitoring services
We would be very impressed if you have experience in any of these areas:
- SIP/VoIP technologies
- IT and Data Security
- Familiarity with programming and scripting
More about us
Freespee is a CPaaS (Communications Platform-as-a-Service) solution that helps businesses talk to their website visitors or app users in real-time. We power millions of conversations every month and have become an integral tool for companies worldwide to better understand both their data and their customers' journeys through their systems. Our platform is designed to attract, proactively engage and convert online visitors into customers.
Our products are used by leading brands such as eBay, Blocket.se, Alfa Romeo, Schibsted Media Group, Peugeot, Carglass, BNP Paribas, Toyota, Jeep, Ford and many more.
Our offices are fun, friendly places to be, where everyone helps with anything from work-related subjects to where to get the best board games or helping gran to move house.
Freespee will offer you an open, unpretentious, goal-oriented culture with a lot of growth potential. We love to run hackathons; enjoy Lunch & Learn, ping pong, game nights and encourage labs which means that 10% of your working time can be focussed on your own development.
Of course, we also offer a competitive salary, 30 days of vacation, “friskvårdsbidrag” wellness benefit, health insurance and pension package.