Under the leadership of CEO Anne de Kerckhove, Freespee employs over 65 people across offices in London (HQ), Uppsala and Paris, serving clients in over 50 countries.
The company was founded in 2009 by software engineers Carl Holmquist and Tobias Lindgren in Uppsala, Sweden where its development teams still are based.
Come and work with us
Our Head of Engineering is now hiring a Test Engineer to join our team in the Uppsala office.
Freespee is a small team where you as a tester can influence our future as well as yours. We are truly agile and value-driven, and the technical decisions are taken within the development teams.
Our Testers together with our product owners and UX designers are an integral part of our development process to achieve the simplest and effective feedback loop for development and test iteration.
All of our development teams are co-located in our Uppsala office together with TechOps and our customer support, just 200 meters from the trains to and from Stockholm.
As a test engineer you will:
- Facilitate a testing mindset during design and story breakdown
- Be a strong advocate of software quality
- Write test plans and other test documentation in coordination with Product owners
- Work together with the product team to design and execute test cases, manual and automated
- Isolate, assess, and report defects, and verify fixes
- Use existing automation frameworks and tools to create and execute new tests or test areas
You thrive in an agile environment where everyone's ideas are valued, Freespee puts a lot of focus on creating a good and fun working environment where you as a colleague are offered an open, unpretentious, goal-oriented culture with a lot of growth potential.
We love hackathons, Lunch&Learn, ping pong, game nights, friday beer, breakfast at the office. We have 10% lab time that allows you to focus on your own development, by yourself or with a colleague.
But most important: If you come as you are, stay true to yourself and share your experiences, we will love you!
Qualifications needed for this position:
- BS/MS degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Minimum of 2 years of software testing experience, preferably in web-based projects.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes like: - Functional testing, UX Testing, UI Testing, Testing of APIs, Performance and scalability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Examples of relevant background and experiences:
- Working experience in a SaaS company.
- Hands-on experience with CI tools and github
- Experience with load-, security- or graphQL-testing
- Working experience in software development, Experience working in an agile development process.
Our tech stack consists of PHP, Node.js (TypeScript), Angular and GraphQL deployed on AWS.
More about us
Freespee is a CPaaS (Communications Platform-as-a-Service) solution that helps businesses talk to their website visitors or app users in real-time. We power millions of conversations every month and have become an integral tool for companies worldwide to better understand both their data and their customers' journeys through their systems. The platform is designed to attract, proactively engage and convert online users into customers.
Our products are used by leading brands such as eBay, Blocket.se, Alfa Romeo, Schibsted Media Group, Peugeot, Carglass, BNP Paribas, Toyota, Jeep, Ford and many more.