We are looking for a CloudOps Engineer to join our Tech Operations team in Uppsala. You will oversee our servers, help automate and document our workflows as well as assist in troubleshooting any issues that may arise in our tech stack. You will also help our developers to create an efficient environment to handle development and testing while ensuring that the transition from test to production goes smoothly, together with the rest of the Tech Operations team and our Agile Coaches.
We eat, drink and breathe AWS at Freespee and we love to work together to find the most efficient way of presenting our application to the world, may it be Lambdas or containers, RDS or DynamoDB, or just plain old EC2 instances. We have a thriving microservice stack and of course we develop the entire stack with infrastructure as code.
Your duties will include
- Configuring, deploying, and managing Freespee’s infrastructure in AWS.
- Automating deployment workflows.
- Creating and managing Docker images in accordance to user needs.
- Hardening of Linux servers.
- Joining a pool of engineers taking turns to be on call outside normal working hours to handle emergency issues.
- Improving the monitoring of our platform
- Improving the stability of our platform
- Assisting in providing alerts for any parts of our platform that may break
- Ensuring consistent application versions across the environments.
- Assisting in testing and planning for upgrades of the software stack.
The successful candidate should have
- Extensive experience working with AWS or other cloud service providers.
- Extensive experience with Linux command line management, and use of Linux based tools and utilities.
- Experience in automation and infrastructure as code.
- Experience in working in a DevOps culture.
- Background knowledge in Docker and other microservice platforms.
- Experience implementing or working with anomaly detection tools.
- Experience working with Datadog or other advanced monitoring tools.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas
- Information Security
- IT Security
What can we offer you?
You will be part of a great team of colleagues, not just within the immediate team, but within the entire company. We have a friendly and supportive environment where everyone helps out with everything from work-related subjects to where to get the best board games or helping out when moving to a new apartment.
Freespee will offer you an open, unpretentious, goal-oriented culture with a lot of growth potential. We organise hackathons; love Lunch & Learn, ping pong, game nights, Friday beer/cider/wine (with or without alcohol), and Friday breakfast; allow lab time which means that 10% of your working time you focus on your own development.
Of course, we also offer you a competitive salary, 30 days of vacation, “friskvårdsbidrag” wellness Benefit, health insurance and pension package.
Freespee's Sales Acceleration Platform supercharges B2C Enterprises who depend on the telephone to drive revenue. By digitising the end-to-end buying journey, we provide visibility from lead to outcome, a data studio to contextualise and segment then a suite of acceleration tools to maximise conversions on each step of the way.
Our platform is built around a solid, well-documented API that adds further value for our customer by easy integrations into other customer data stores (DMP, CRM) and a host of other ad-tech platforms.
As Freespee becomes further embedded in our customers’ data eco-systems as well as having a clear ROI in accelerating Sales, makes Freespee a core component in how they conduct business.
Freespee was founded in 2009 by software engineers Carl Holmquist and Tobias Lindgren in Uppsala, Sweden where its development teams are based. Now under the leadership of CEO Anne de Kerckhove, Freespee has been growing profitably and employs over 80 people, serving clients in over 50 countries.
Our Company Values:
We act with integrity; we speak our mind
We focus our attention and energy on what really matters for customers and ourselves
We demonstrate positivity and work hard on making people around us excited and successful
‘Make an Impact'
We believe that everyone has the ability to make an impact and we strive to deliver results every day with our clients and colleagues in mind