Product Manager - Uppsala
Only apply if interested in 1. Product management 2. Making cool things that customers want 3. World domination
Freespee provides a B2B SaaS platform dedicated towards helping large enterprise and marketplace clients improve the conversational buying experience of their customers. The purpose of the platform is built around two fundamental truths:
- That large important purchases will always be driven by human to human conversation and
- The future of online buying will inevitably involve more than one communication technology.
Considering these, Freespee aims to solve how to bridge the data silos generated by diverse communications stacks while bringing humans to humans together to ensure that those most important sales conversations are never missed.
Come and work with us
Freespee is looking for a Product Manager with a strong background in communications and messaging to round out the product management team. The Product Manager will join a direct team of 5 members (2 UX; 3 product managers), where they will work collaboratively with all departments including CS, Support, PMO, Engineering, and Sales to keep the company aligned on company objectives.
The team philosophy centers around transparency, accountability, ownership, and trust, which is essential in today’s covid climate where most of the team works remotely from their homes. Once covid is over, it would be preferred that the candidate work from the Uppsala office where they can be situated near the engineering team. It is expected that regardless of the home office, the candidate stays in regular virtual contact with every team across the different offices, either over slack, discord, or zoom.
As a word of caution, Freespee’s working environment will not suit everyone. While at Freespee, the candidate must be prepared to handle intense and tough challenges related to ping pong games, halloween decoration competitions, gingerbread house Christmas competitions, ugly sweater competitions, and more. Our culture is often relaxed and very welcoming, which can be off-putting to those who hate fun and prefer to work under horrible conditions.
Knowing everything you now know, if you are still interested in joining Freespee, then there is only one final thing to mention: good luck in your application and may the force be with you.
Freespee Product Management process works across several formal stages of product development that have specific demands at each stage:
- Discovery & Research, which requires communication skills and an ability to work with both customers and internal stakeholders to identify the highest priority improvements that should be made to your product lines
- Product grooming, which involves identifying the ‘must have’ requirements of a new request, and how those requests break out into small achievable deliverables
- Ideation planning & prototyping, which demands strong organisational skills to help coordinate and execute ideation projects alongside UX and ensure the right stakeholders are involved at the right time
- Strategic analysis, which involves critical thinking, data analysis, and a holistic review of all data to understand how to properly measure the performance of of the products they manage
- Go to market planning, which requires working with Support, Sales, Marketing and CS to release marketing collateral around positioning, messaging, and support documentation for new releases
You will be responsible for a given set of products and in charge of the direction, prioritisation and roadmap of each. Your role will be required to manage the day-to-day tasks needed to deliver the improvement items on the roadmap as well as ensure that the future vision of the product(s) remains relevant to customer needs.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience Required
- Must be fluent in English with a strong ability to use word craft, positioning and messaging to create support documentation and drive marketing messaging to all stakeholders
- Further education either in the form of a University Bachelor's degree in business or technology or in the form of Product Management certification
- 3-4 years product management experience
- Must be comfortable working collaboratively in team environments and be aware of the impact that personal accountability has on team performance and team dynamics
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to bridge the communication gap between business minded commercial leaders and technically minded engineers
- Must be comfortable with exploring and understanding both quantitative and qualitative data to guide decision making
- Experience speaking regularly with customers on an ongoing basis to review, capture, and organise product ideas into roadmap cards
- Experience grooming roadmap cards into detailed user stories with achievable acceptance criteria
- Experience creating and providing training materials to internal and external stakeholders
Qualifications / Skills / Experience Considered as Assets
- Strong understanding of technical concepts with an ability to speak confidently about API integrations, programming scripts, and database structures an asset
- Experience and knowledge of Martech technology stacks will be important
- Ability to speak secondary European languages (such as German and French) an advantage
(FYI - the hiring manager will be away for Christmas holidays and review applications after returning on January 4th)