Come and work with us
Freespee is a CPaaS (Communications Platform-as-a-Service) solution that powers millions of conversations every month. It has become an integral tool for companies worldwide to better understand both their data and their customers' journeys through their systems. Great news! We are now expanding our Uppsala team!
You will be part of our TechOps team which is managing our infrastructure and connections with various carrier partners around the globe. The team will support you in understanding the product and you will help the team penetrate new markets with the right telecom partners.
As Telecoms Commercial Manager you will be working closely with our Telecoms Carrier Manager and our commercial organisation to ensure we can deliver a high-quality service with competitive pricing to our customers.
Set the Freespee Telecom Strategy
- Define our carrier strategy together with the Carrier Manager and company executives
- Keep up to date with technology and market trends, and industry regulatory requirements
- Manage regulatory changes and understand their impact on Freespee
- Ensure direct costs’ margin targets are met
Manage Telecom Sourcing and Integration
- Source the right telecoms partners, with flexible integrations that will allow Freespee to deliver its services at the right quality/price world-wide
- Manage pricing negotiations with new and existing suppliers based on volume
- Manage the entire process of onboarding and integrating new telecom partners, functionalities or markets with Freespee, and help test the integrations
- Find ways to simplify integrations of new carriers, functionalities or markets
Support the Organisation
- Stay informed about the needs of customers and prospects through an active dialogue with product management, marketing, customer success and other teams
- Assist in pre-sales discussions and deals
- Coach customer-facing people on telecoms issues and best practices, and Freespee’s current telecom setup and capabilities
Qualifications and relevant experiences
- Experience in negotiating with international telecom suppliers
- Experience of carrier management (either internally or for a supplier)
- Experience in creating and responding to RFPs
- Basic understanding of telecoms technologies, including SIP
- Excellent fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Familiarity with reading API documentation and a thirst for knowledge
- Ability to successfully explain complex technical solutions to a non-technical audience
More about us
Under the leadership of CEO Anne de Kerckhove, Freespee employs over 65 people across offices in London (HQ), Uppsala and Paris, serving clients in over 50 countries.
The company was founded in 2009 by software engineers Carl Holmquist and Tobias Lindgren in Uppsala, Sweden where its development teams still are based.
Freespee will offer you an open, unpretentious, goal-oriented culture with a lot of growth potential. We love to run hackathons; enjoy Lunch & Learn, ping pong, game nights and encourage labs which means that 10% of your working time can be focused on your own development.
Of course, we also offer 30 days of vacation, wellness benefits, health insurance and a pension package.
Does this sound interesting? If you want to know more about the role, you are welcome to contact Göran Wester at email@example.com
We look forward to your application!